Common Core Assessment Notebook - Show What I Know

Last year, I created this assessment notebook to better help me students and parents understand what standards are being met or not. I keep these pages (per student) in order for students to "Show What I Know." We even have 'Show What I Know' days throughout the year, so parents can visit during center times and really see what we are learning. If gives them a good idea of what they know and what they need to work on. When assessing students on particular standards, I have a code system (listed in the document) that I use to show progress toward meeting the standard. Now that Common Core is coming, I have listed ALL the Common Core GPS Reading/LA and Math standards. In addition, I have the Georgia Performance Standards for Science and Social Studies. If you do not use those, you just do not print those pages.

How to use the forms? Once you have assessed a particular skill, simple mark their ability accordingly with the codes (you may come up with your own coded system that works best for you!). During conferences, pull out the book to show by standard, which skills have been mastered or which need more work. In addition, it is a very simple way to have all your data in one spot when entering for GKIDS (for you GA people - but not sure if we will still have GKIDS in the future). Please let me know if this tool is helpful, or if I need to make any corrections. I will also post another version (hopefully today) that is a little different - where it has all the children listed on one page for each standard. Please click the image below for the {FREE} resource & look at the sample below. Please let me know if you have any questions!!

 

SAMPLE
 

4 comments:

  1. I can not get this to download. It is telling me the bandwidth is too large. Could you please email it to me at heather94@gmail.com
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely fabulous! I am helping our administrator reintroduce the CCSS to the staff. Any chance you'd be willing to share your blank template in doc format, so I can create checklists for our other grade levels?

    Thanks so much,
    Lisa
    schmidlj@milwaukee.k12.wi.us

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful! Could I also get a blank template in this doc format so that I can change some of the social studies standards?

    Thanks!

    lin_zeh@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOOOOOVE it!!! Thank you :)
    Do have these in Word?

    ReplyDelete