A Peek at my Room

I have worked a few days in my classroom and wanted to show some "BEFORE" and "AFTER" photos, as well as some new things I have made!! I still have a few things to do, but it is coming together nicely:) I am doing a Black & White theme with a splash of color & owls mixed in! Let me know what you think (likes, dislikes, suggestions, etc.).

                              BEFORE                                     AFTER (wish it were not blurry)

BEFORE

AFTER

NEW - I will have student names on sticks; they move were needed in the writing process: sloppy (rough draft), look (look over work with samples/criteria); teacher time (conference with teacher); and fancy (final copy).

BEFORE

AFTER
                                                                                                      
(Above) My work area - math manipulatives, my teacher rekenrek (wrote a grant for this & 20 student small versions), learning targets will be posted (one for math & one for reading/ELA)

BEFORE - my small group reading materials

AFTER

NEW - I made little children (with green, blue, yellow, and red borders) to use for flexible center rotation. They are laminated, so I can write and wipe off names with ease to use again and again!

BEFORE - calendar area (see new calendar area below)

AFTER - (this is part of it) not finished yet, making it a samples/criteria board

AFTER - new calendar area; many of the items during a 'calendar time' are not appropriate for the Common Core - it needs to be more rigorous! I plan to implement Number Talks instead.

BEFORE - was the sight word wall
BEFORE - door with Goals

AFTER - now our GOALS chart - keeping up with # of sight words mastered

AFTER - new sight word wall

White board & new whole group area - hoping to get a Smartboard here one day...LOL!
There is center #4 (reading center) & #5 (listening center).
Behind the ease is center #3 - word work
NEW - Give me Five (sight word practice - ticket out the door).
                                 BEFORE                                                    AFTER
BEFORE

AFTER
BEFORE

AFTER
BEFORE
Center #2 Technology Center & Student Work Display

AFTER
AFTER
Student Work Display
NEW - students choose what to work on after completing center work. Top: reading activities; Bottom: math activities.

Leave me a link with your classroom photos!!! Would love to take a peek!
 

13 comments:

  1. You've been super busy. Love looking at other classrooms. Just posted mine today. Check it out if you get a chance.
    http://www.missnelsonsgotthecamera.blogspot.com/2012/07/classroom-day-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Cow girl!!! You have been very busy! It looks fabulous, and I'm so jealous that you have that computer area in your classroom. I don't have a computer area. We have a computer lab that we take our students to.

    Looks great!
    Marie
    The Hands-On Teacher in First!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for peeking ladies - heading over to see yours Miss Nelson; @ Marie - it is nice to have WHEN the computers actually work - these are old dinosaurs...LOL hopefully I can write a grant for some that actually pull up more than Starfall...LOL:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your classroom layout looks great! I like your idea of the centers rotation and your words for writer's workshop.

    http://mspasquakinder.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks MIss Pasqua - heading over to check your blog out!! thanks for visiting:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything looks fabulous. The changes you made really made a difference. Thanks for sharing.

    Rise

    "The Wonderful World of Kindergarten"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just wanted to say thank you for sharing your amazing hard work with common core. I just found your website through pinterest. Already a favorite of mine! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything looks fantastic! I also have a metal desk and want to utilize it as a springboard for learning--love your idea!

    ReadWriteSing

    ReplyDelete
  9. You room looks great!! I am jealous of how BIG it its!

    Susan
    T.G.I.F. (Thank God it's First Grade!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Is your I'm finished board available for purchase? I am looking for something JUST like this... :) I LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amy - if you email me, I can send you information about how I can customize this for you... thanks:) my email is gamommy2chloeATgmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!! Thank you for all of the wonderful freebies! I can not wait to use these with my students.

    Bea Samples

    ReplyDelete
  13. thank you so much doe the sweet comments:):)

    ReplyDelete