Back to making teacher goodies...

I have spent the past few days working on my new adventure, but time to take a break with that and get back to my real love... creating teaching items!! Next year, I want my students to keep track of the types of texts they are reading. Why? It is important that students read a wide-variety of material, especially some material that is sometimes a little more challenging, like informational/non-fiction texts. With this goal/tally sheet, they can set their goal each quarter and work toward meeting that goal. Setting goals and self-assessing is also one of the Assessment for Learning strategies that I have and continue working on with my students.

You can get these here!






2 comments:

  1. Have you read "The Book Whisperer" by Donalyn Miller? She promotes setting a 40 book reading challenge for students throughout a variety of genres too. We tried it this year in our 4th grade rooms, but struggled with making the record keeping of genres visible so we could monitor it. (Some kids just like to read realistic fiction and won't try anything else if not pushed.) Your post reminds me of this project. Thanks for the freebie -- We'll give it a try!

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a newbie to upper grades, I had not heard of that.. thank you so much for letting me in on that. I will share it with my team to see what they think. yippie!! :)

    ReplyDelete