Currently... WOW, School is Almost Over!!

Joining along with Farley again over at Oh' Boy 4th Grade for May's Currently:

 


Listening: Just about all I hear lately is her iPod...LOL. It is just a sweet reminder of the joys of childhood...

Loving: Yes, that is right... EIGHT (8) more days!!!! YAY!!! It has flown by, for sure. How many days are you at?



Thinking: I have a LOT of packing to do, a lot of standards to become familiar with, and a lot of creations to make this summer for my move to 5th. I am excited, but am sure it will be overwhelming at first, just like any other change. I chose 5th grade, as I love teaching reading and writing!!! I plan on painting my room, too - am I C.R.A.Z.Y. or what?



Wanting: We get so caught up in every day life, that we do not focus on what is most important... Our Lord and Savior and all God teaches us in the Bible. I am making a prayer notebook and going to focus on reading and studying my Bible, as I should. I love my Bible App, that I can take notes on and highlight my KJV verses... I do not like writing in my regular Bible...

 


Needing: I seriously need to get in shape. I talk and talk and talk about it... I need to JUST DO IT!! Motivation, where are you???????

 


Summer Bucket List:
  • Read all 5 of the 5th grade novels I will be teaching next year. I read the 1st one: Steal Away Home. Four more to go...


  • Spend time with my family :):):):)

  • Become familiar with the 5th grade standards

Join the linky...

9 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE the Phantom Tollbooth - sooo much you can do with that! Another one you might want to add is Fever 1793 by Laurie Halse Anderson and The House on Hackman's Hill by Lois Lowry. (I used to teach 4th and miss teaching those "upper novels")...oooh! Also The Westing Game!

    Enjoy your summer reading! I found you thru Farley's Currently! Feel free to come visit my blog as well - and if I think of any more novels, I'll let you know! :)

    www.adventuresn2grade.blogspot.com

    :) Chrissy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found your blog through the Currently editions! So glad I did :) My daughter loves Taylor Swift, too, and she gives us a concert every day :) 8 more days of school only? I'm jealous! Can't complain, though, because I only have 15 :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you just LOVE the concerts from your very own?? They are THE best!! :) Thanks for visiting ladies:):) Isn't it crazy how we are already thinking of the next school year???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eight more days! How fun! We have 15 more days of school left. It'll be over before I know it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are going to LOVE 5th grade!! They are a blast at that age!

    ~Erin
    Mrs. Beattie's Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Erin - thanks for the comment - So many people keep saying that:) Thanks for the encouragement!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The novels are one of the reasons I love teaching 4th grade! The kids really love them.

    I found your blog through Currently and am a new follower. I would love it if you would stop by my blog when you get a chance.

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks Jennifer... scooting on over to your page...

    ReplyDelete