Is it Currently July? Not quite yet, but almost!

Wow.. the summer is slipping away... a little at a time a lot at a time (it seems like)!!

Linking up with Farley @ Oh' Boy 4th Grade for July's Currently:




Listening: My daughter loves Princess Peach - you know the princess from Mario Brothers games - so she is going crazy trying to be 1st place in this race! She did it twice, but is staying with it. She is now upset because she has to stop due to lunch time (LOL). Thankfully, she does not stay on too long...phew! The thing she loves more than anything is pretend play with all her toys - they are never used as they are intended, rather she uses her imagination to make them into something else. This is why I love watching her play!!

Loving: I love all the free time I have during the summer - I am not TIED down to this or that, which is so peaceful :)

Thinking: We have a lot of changes at our school next year - teachers, administrators, etc. I am usually fine with change, but there is A LOT of it, which makes me a little nervous. PLUS, my move to another grade level doesn't help with all the other stuff going on.

Wanting: I have been trying my best to learn other ways to pull my hair up this summer. I will (more than likely) get it cut before school, but love to be able to pull it up during the summer time. I have found these:





Anyone have any other suggestions?

Needing: Today is the pre-4th celebration at our local lake. I really need to get things prepared, as we enjoy spending the evening out, cooking out, playing & watching the fireworks. It is beautiful over our lake.
 


Tip: It is easy to get caught up in the world of craziness that we sometimes tend to forget to see the good in others. Some people might drive us nuts from time to time or you may come across someone who is very different from yourself - instead of thinking negative thoughts, find one thing that is good about that person. It can be as little as: They have a nice smile, or They are good at ___. SOMETHING good - it will make you be more positive and have more peace in your life!!

post signature

14 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your move to 5th! My school went through a WHOLE lot of changes the last two years... and we are still experiencing them this year with rezoning and schools in the district closing to save money! I am so used to teaching the primary grades but I am moving up to 3rd grade next year and am feeling a lot of the anxiety and nervousness! Good Luck

    Karmen
    Karmens Kinders

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kind of got a choice, my teacher neighbor and I told the principal that we would move to third, because he had two positions available there, only if we got to move together. He was going to move us both anyway... and her and I work very well together so we figured if we have to move... might as well move togehter... and he was ok with it!

    WOW... K to 5 that is a BIG jump! how do you feel about going to a testing grade?

    Karmen
    Karmens Kinders

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm also moving grade levels next year. I'm moving down from 5th to a 3rd/4th grade multi-age. I'm excited and nervous a bit. I taught 1st/2nd grade for 10 years though so I'm thinking I'll shoot for somewhere in the middle of 2nd and 5th and it'll all work out!

    I'm your newest follower!

    Sweet Rhyme – Pure Reason

    ReplyDelete
  4. Intermediate grades are fun. :) I teach 4th... of course 5 years ago they bumped around a lot of teachers at school (with all the budget cuts)... that wasn't fun. Have a good weekend!

    Emily
    I Love My Classroom
    Follow Me on BlogLovin
    Like Me on Facebook
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Follow Me on Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  5. I teach fifth grade ELA/Reading and I love it!
    ~Brandee
    Creating Lifelong Learners

    ReplyDelete
  6. You really will love fifth grade! I've also got a big move ahead of me... needed to change classrooms, moving from fifth grade (snif) to 2/3, and we also have a new vice-principal next year. Let's keep our fingers crossed for smooth sailing!

    ~Erin
    Mrs. Beattie's Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  7. When our district went to difficult financial times, I almost taught 2nd and 5th grade. Both of those grades were self-contained and I was terrified (mostly of the math...lol)!

    I love teaching sixth grade ELA! You're going to have a great year! I just know it!

    Your newest follower,
    Carla
    Surviving Sixth Grade

    ReplyDelete
  8. Change can be hard! I'm okay with little changes, but not major ones!

    Leslie
    Miss R's Room

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope all of the changes in your school are positive changes! Looking forward to following a fellow 5th grade teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you all for all the encouragement. Best of luck to those of you making changes, as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. 5th is the best! I hope you have a fun and safe Independence Day! Following you now:)
    Brandi
    My Teacher Friend

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am also moving from K to 5th grade after 13 years teaching kindergarten. I thought I was the only one. I haven't revamped my blog yet. It's still a K blog but I'm going to wait until school starts to do more with it. I'm going to let my kids help me. I will be teaching all the ELA and social studies. I will keep in touch.

    Diana
    Cole's Little Pups

    ReplyDelete
  13. Are you a Leader in Me school???

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  14. Diana - that is a huge change after that long! We can do it, we can do it!! LOL. NO, I haven't heard of that type of school. Everything will be finalized on the 11th (I hope), but for now, I think I am teaching Reading/Writing/Language Arts. We will probably embed some SS as well. Yay... so glad we are now connected!!

    ReplyDelete