Conjunction Junction...

I am getting my feet wet in 5th grade now... phew!

This week, I will teach a mini-lesson about conjunctions and using commas in a series and with conjunctions. I have NEVER had a Smartboard until this year (yes, I know... you can breathe now...)!

I made my first attempt to create 2 Smartboard lessons: One about Conjunctions & one about Comma Usage. You are more than welcome to use them if you wish (see below)

(Freebie)


First, I will introduce conjunctions with the School House rock video: Schoolhouse Rock 

Then, my Smartboard lesson/practice & ticket out the door. (above)

Later in the week, I will introduce the use of a comma with this video: Comma Story

Then, use my Smartboard lesson/practice & ticket out the door. (above)

I just hope it goes well:) We are also finding a lot of textual evidence with our novel, Steal Away Home.
post signature

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for posting your lessons! I've pinned them to refer back to later in the year. Have you checked out SmartExchange? There are some amazing smartboard lessons there!
    Courtney
    Polka Dot Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are most welcome :) I have looked, but haven't had time to look in detail just yet. I wanted to play around with the program to get a feel of it - thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog! I think you'll love teaching fifth grade! :) I'm signing on to follow you on bloglovin!
    ~Deb
    Crafting Connections

    ReplyDelete