Formative Assessment - Before you go, "tweet" what you know...

I am loving 5th grade, the curriculum and the conversations I have with the students about learning! Although I have been extremely busy teaching and learning the new curriculum, I wanted to share what my professional development goal is this year: use more of Marazano's Nine in my classroom. I have found a ton of resources online (mostly digital tools) that can enhance and engage student learning. Of course one way to assesses the knowledge of my students it to conduct frequent, on-going formative assessments, which drives my instruction. Differentiating for our students is critical, so I must know what they know and do not know and adjust accordingly.


Although I always formatively assess, I would like something tangible from time to time to show parents. There are a ton of formative assessment techniques out there, but this week I want to focus on Exit Tickets. I have asked higher-order questions at the end of lessons to check for understanding or have given a sample skill for students to perform, but I want to know what they are thinking as well - to see if they know whether or not they get it! Here is a little exit ticket I will be using this week: I tried to incorporate hash tags and twitter.

You can get these here!


post signature

18 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this and so will my 5th graders for sure! I think it's a great idea to get think to check in on their learning and although I often check in on them, having it in writing is fantastic!

    Thanks so much for this freebie!
    Amanda
    My Shoe String Life
    Follow me on Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I am excited to try this in my classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. شركة مكافحة حشرات بمكة
    شركة صقر البشاير هى شركة مكافحة حشرات بمكة لدينا العمالة المدربة التى تقوم بخدمات القضاء على الحشرات كالصراصير بمكة والعته بمكة وبق الفراش بمكة والقوارض بمكة والنمل الابيض بمكة ونحن نستخدم اجود انواع المبيدات النستوردة التى تقضى على جميع الحشرات ولا تسبب الاضرار بصحتك وصحة اسرتك وجميع خدماتنا نقدمها بأرخص الاسعار .
    مكافحة النمل الابيض بمكة
    http://www.elbshayr.com/3/Pest-control

    ReplyDelete