How do you prepare for the upcoming STATE writing assessment? My plan this week:
- Discuss the types of writing -- the parts of each piece - have discussion about each
- Discuss what a good writing piece looks like (for each type of writing)
- Discuss the six traits and how they can be used to spice up their writing
- Discuss which graphic organizers would best be used during pre-writing for each type of writing
- Discuss & practice breaking down various writing prompts... really asking ourselves, "What is it they are asking me to do, exactly?"
**When I say discuss, students will have discussions about each defending their responses**
To assist in the first part, I made a few graphic organizers to keep the kiddos focused!! Hope you can use this FREEBIE! Click the picture to grab a copy (all 6 included in the download):