I am so thankful that Courtney @ Polka Dot Lesson Plans awarded me with the Sunshine blogger award. She is super sweet and posts such cheerful messages!! Thank you Courtney:)
This is such a fun way to get to know other bloggers.
Here is how it works::::
The rules of the Sunshine Blogger Award are:
1. Post 11 random facts about yourself
2. Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you
3. Nominate 11 bloggers you think bring sunshine to the world
4. Make up 11 questions for your nominations to answer.
11 Random Facts About Myself
1. I wear flip flops year-round... LOVE my flops!!
2. Shrimp is my favorite food & love to eat it in different formats: scampi, fried, etc.
3. I began playing the flute when I was in 4th grade and continued into high school playing for our marching band (yes, band nerd)!
4. I played softball in high school, and our team were state champions for consecutive years in South Carolina! (yes, a band nerd AND a jock...lol)
5. I model, model, model for my students - I model how to do things correctly AND how I do NOT want it done (I have fun with this part and the kiddos think I am either crazy or hilarious - or maybe BOTH).
6. Back before TpT and when there were few teacher websites (2003), I created my first teacher site where I began offering things I created for free. I was determined to learn HTML, which I did, and created my website from scratch! Was tough, yet rewarding.
7. I enjoy being crafty and creating things, when I have time.
8. I enjoy watching hummingbirds and actually collect hummingbird decor.
9. My daughter, husband, and I act very goofy and will jam to MJ (Michael Jackson) on random days... We love MJ!
10. I love watching Judge Judy!!!!!
11. I love to go fishing! We have a lake near our house and fishing for striped bass is SO fun!
My questions from Courtney:
1. What is one thing that isn't in your curriculum that you wish you could teach? Hmm... when I taught Kindergarten, it would have HAD to have been how to tie shoes, but now that I am in 5th grade, I really wish I could teach more about character education. :)
2. If you could have an unlimited supply of one food what would it be? definitely SHRIMP - love it prepared in a variety of ways!!
3. Have you always wanted to be a teacher? When I was little, I talked about typical things like: veterinarian, police officer, etc. When I got a little older (teenager), I began to really look closely into teaching, as I truly enjoyed school and learning.
4. What is your favorite season and why? Spring and Fall are my faves, but if I HAVE to choose only one, it would be Fall. Why? My baby girl was born in fall, it is the beginning of a fresh new school year, and I love college football season (the cooler weather is a plus here in GA, too).
5. What is the most unbelievably funny thing you've ever had to say to a child at school? (Don't lick the pencil sharpener?!) This would have been when I taught prek and it is gross... as I had a child have a potty accident and trying to PAINT the hallway wall with it!!! O_o "We don't play with our stinky!!" - not sure of my exact words now, but it was something similar to this...eek!
6. Would you rather not have any books to read for 6 months or have to reread the same book for a year? Rereading the same book for a year would be tough, as you wouldn't be able to explore new adventures!
7. What is your favorite vacation spot and why? We love going to Savannah, GA, as we love the relaxing environment of just moseying around River Street listening to the street performers.
8. What is your favorite thing to do on the weekends? Spend time with my family by playing some games - either board games or Wii, etc.
9. How do you relax at the end of the day? This is going to sound CRAZY, but I love Judge Judy and DVR all her episodes, so I can watch a few to calm down at the end of a long day... she makes me laugh :D
10. What is your favorite subject to teach? LOVE, LOVE, LOVE teaching writing. It is tough, but I enjoy seeing the creativity in their minds transform onto the pages!
11. What book should I read next? Killing Jesus, by Bill O'Reilly
The 11 Bloggers I nominate are:
Here are the 11 questions for my nominees:
1. If you were the principal of your school, what is one change you would make and why?
2. What is your favorite teaching tool in your classroom?
3. Tell about one student that holds a special place in your heart (I know we love them all, but choose one).
4. What is your hobby?
5. What do you feel is your strength in the classroom?
6. What do you feel is your weakest area in the classroom?
7. What would be your one piece of advise for a beginning teacher?
8. Why did you become a teacher?
9. What is one thing you would change about the educational system today?
10. What do you hope to accomplish this coming summer?
11. What is something you have too much/many of (in other words, what do you hoard)?