What is the vision of your blog?
My vision is to provide information about my experiences, as well as items I create for my classroom to help other educators.
Here is a little more background: I live in Georgia with my husband, Shannon and daughter, Chloe. In 2004, I graduated from Emmanuel College with a degree in Early Childhood Education, and was awarded the Outstanding Senior Award. In 2007, I earned my Masters degree in ECE Reading and Literacy. In 2008, I added the Special Education General Curriculum to my certification. December 2011, I completed my Education Specialist degree in Curriculum and Teaching. I count it an honor and blessing to teach at Lavonia Elementary and work with these precious children! :)
Shannon & I have been married for over 14 years. My stepdaughter, Samantha, is a Junior at Emmanuel College, and our daughter, Chloe, is 7 and will be entering into 2nd grade.
- Graduated 1998: Crescent High School, Iva, SC
- Clemson University: Attended 1998-1999 (transferred)
- Emmanuel College: 2004, BSEd, Early Childhood Education
- Walden University: 2007, MEd, Early Childhood Education, Reading & Literacy
- Special Education General Curriculum (p-12) added 2008
- Nova Southeastern University: 2011, EdS, Curriculum & Teaching
- Solution Tree: Professional Learning Communities (2011)
- Georgia Early Literacy Training (2011)
- Assistive Technology (ATSTAR) Trained (2009)
- Training in Autism (2009)
- Co-Teaching Training (2009)
- Training in Behavior Management (2008)
- INTECH Certified (2004)
- Web Site Awards (previous teacher site 2003-2008)
- Work Sampling System Assessment Training - Spring (2007)
- High Scope Training - Fall (2004)
- Presenter - RESA PIONEER Georgia Academic Service Learning Colloquium, Habersham High School, (2003)
- SACS committee Chair for LES and District Member (2014-2015)
- Bring Your Own Technology (BYOT) Committee (2013-present)
- Lead Kindergarten Teacher (2012)
- Model Classroom Common Core/AFL (2011-2012)
- Pyramid of Intervention Committee (2011-12)
- Professional Learning Committee (2011)
- Teacher Advisory Counsel (2009-2012)
- Reading Vertical Team (2008-2011)
- LES Website Maintenance (2008-present)
My Teaching Philosophy
I love to teach because each of my students are special and unique in their own way. It is important to me that each child has the opportunity to learn in a safe, nurturing environment and also learn to their fullest potential. Making learning enjoyable and meaningful is a top priority of mine, as well as, to ensure that each child continues their lifelong learning journey with a positive attitude! Click here for my full philosophy document.
My Teaching Experience
I am entering my 12th year of teaching!